What is HypnoBirthing
Helping women to develop the art and joy of rediscovering their natural birthing instinct.
A Simple Process
Through a very simple program of self-hypnosis and education, women learn to release emotions tied to fear-based stories and misinformation and are helped to see birth as normal. They learn to trust that their bodies know how to bring their babies into the world in the calm and gentle way that Nature intended.
The Gold Standard of Birthing with Hypnosis, the HypnoBirthing® curriculum includes five 2 ½ hour classes during which the birthing mum and her partner learn
- The art of using your own natural birthing instincts. With HypnoBirthing®, the birthing mom will not be in a trance or a sleep state. She will be aware and fully in control, but profoundly relaxed.
- Breathing techniques that allow a woman to gently breathe her baby into the world without the violence of hard, physical pushing.
- How to call upon your body’s own natural relaxant and thus lessen, or even eliminate, discomfort and the need for medication.
- Self-hypnosis, special breathing, and visualization that allow you to release prior programming about birth, to trust your body and work with it
- How to free yourself of harmful emotions that lead to pain-causing fear and unyielding muscles.
- Through viewing HypnoBirthing® films showing laboring mothers, awake, alert and in good humor as they experience gentle birth, that you, too, can do this when you are free of the fear that causes pain and tension.
HypnoBirthing® is as much a philosophy of birth as it is a technique for achieving a satisfying, relaxing, and stress-free method of birthing. This amazing program teaches the birthing mother, along with her birthing companion, the art and joy of experiencing birth in a more comfortable manner. When a woman is properly prepared for childbirth and when mind and body are in harmony, Nature is free to function in the same well-designed manner that it does with all animal mothers in Nature.
Returning Birthing to a calm, beautiful and peaceful experience.
- Teaches deep levels of relaxation to eliminate the fear that causes tension and, thus, pain
- Greatly reduces and often eliminates the need for chemical painkillers and drugs
- Shortens the first phase of labor
- Leaves mother alert, fresh, awake and with energy
- Helps keep oxygen supplied to baby during birthing
- Reduces the need for an episiotomy
- Reduces and often eliminates fatigue during labor
- Empowers parents with techniques to achieve a gentle, calm birth for themselves and their baby
- Gives the birthing companion an integral role in the birthing
- Embraces the concept of pre-birth parenting
To discuss how HypnoBirthing® can help you and for the full course curriculum,